I miss my blog

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

I know it’s been quite sometime since I last posted here. It’s not that I am too lazy. But I’ve been busy, too. Well, the usual hours of the day when people would normally be awake… that would be bedtime for me. Being an insomniac usually works to my disadvantage, but not this time. Still, my mind is pretty much a wreck right now. My body and brain are still getting used to this new time zone for me. So by this time that I just got off from work, I’m like brain dead. Yeah, yeah…I use this time to play some online poker. (C’mon I’ve gotta play, too!) But the only working brain cells would be enough to decide on these choices: check, fold, bet, call or raise. It ain’t good enough to publish an entry here. But anyway, I think I can today.

Guys, believe me when I say that being a dealer ain’t easy. My first few days, I’ve got back aches. Add the fact that it is harder for dealers to read the board (or for newbie dealers at the very least). I realized that as a player, you are dealt pocket cards. If you play those two cards, you know very well what can make you win the pot. And you also know what can beat your hand with the board showing. Dealers are like referees. They are essential to a game, but not as a player, they are the ones who keep the game organized all the way to the cards, the chips, the rules and the winning hand. And as much as we want to please everyone, there can only be one winner (except when it’s a split pot).

Personally, I’m glad to say that I’ve already dealt a straight flush, quads, big wins and fun, lively games of no limit hold ‘em.

1 called my bluff (comments):

Anonymous said...

don't forget to tip the dealuhs!!! _marie_

 
Jazmination Chronicles - by Templates para novo blogger 2007