Enuf Bad Beats Pleasssssseeee

Monday, October 10, 2005

I know the poker community is already tired hearing about bad beat stories. But it makes me wonder how I am gonna avoid it. I've said to myself that I will not feel bad as long as I know that I did the right thing. But sometimes, I can't help but feel bad.

I don't know what's worse a player who knows it's stupid to call but does for the heck of it? Or a newbie who thinks that hitting the 2nd pair on board with the a terrible kicker is good enough to call a tremendous raise?

I know those types can very lucrative to people in the know. But there are times when luck is on their side.

For example:
Blinds: 4/8
UTG raises to 80
I called
another guy calls

Flop comes: Jx, 7x, brick (rainbow)

UTG checks
I raise 80
Guy calls
UTG folds with A, K off

Turn: brick

Having the top pair and raising tremendously that makes it obvious that I already have the Jacks with kicker Ace, moves all-in.
The guy calls holding 5-7

I am so confused why he called.

Then comes the River: 5

Giving him two pairs 5s and 7s with kicker Jack against my pair Jack kicker Ace.

DANG!


Jazminator clasps her hands together, looks up and utters,
"Dear Poker Gods, I am sorry for the times I gave bad beats to a poker player when I was a newbie. I am now a mature poker-loving individual. Please keep me away from the danger of a bad beat and make me win... to play more poker. Amen."

0 called my bluff (comments):

 
Jazmination Chronicles - by Templates para novo blogger 2007