Mango Classic

Sunday, September 25, 2005

Wow! I've never seen so many poker players until the Mango Classic.

Salute to the Stehmeiers, Poker Filipinas, A55 and everyone resposible for pulling off such a great event.

And I thought that almost everyone playing poker nowadays would seem to be a familliar face to me. But noooooo, more than half of the people there seemed new to me, but not to the game.

I had a big stack early in the game. Then luck turned the other way or I guess, I need to learn more. But, hey, finishing 45th out of 109 players ain't so bad -> specially when i'm coming down with a flu. Yeah, fever with bad cough and colds didn't stop me from playing poker.


----------------------------------------------


QUESTION: How do you play an early big stack?

4 called my bluff (comments):

ivegotdnuts said...

Jaz,

Here are somethings I would do with an early big stack.

1) Take a breather, relax and wait for premium hands. No pressure for you to make moves or anything but that doesn't mean you should be uber tight.

2) Show them who's boss - Put pressure on the short stacks, let them feel the wrath of your stack, pound them, BET! and they will fear you.

3) Don't bang heads with other big stacks.

That's it. :)

Maverick said...

if you get it really early, just play the same game you would as if it was not a big stack. wait for a few more levels until the blinds increase and then make a move, put pressure on the rest of them, use betting as a weapon. oh yeah, don't go up against other big stacks like fish said.

dont feel pressured to play any marginal hand just because you can afford it, and dont "duty bet" the small stacks if your hand is not good enough.

Unknown said...

Having a big stack early on the game in very hard, i rather go in the final stages of the tournament with an average sized stacked. nonetheless, having a big stack during anytime is great.

my advice is just to keep on doing the things that you're doing, you must be doing something right coz you got the stack right? just continue on picking your spots. Me personally, i would raise more often rather than just to call even with marginal hands, let the others commit their stack, not yours.

Jazmin said...

Arggghhh... I must learn how to handle an early big stack.

I think im better in handling short to mid stack.

But these are really good points to remember. Thanks, you guys!

 
Jazmination Chronicles - by Templates para novo blogger 2007